Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hello, I'm so glad to meet you and to welcome you here!

I have become extremely interested in photography, so I would like to have a blog devoted to the photos that I take here in the Heart of the Appalachian mountains.  And in case we haven't yet met, My husband named me "Bear" and coincidentally, that is his name as well.

I travel a lot through this beautiful area in which I find myself. Bear and I moved to WV/VA/TN/KY mountains on July 2, 2003, sight unseen. He is an Englishman (well, for the first 50 yrs of his life) and I've been a Kansas Sunflower until Illinois and Texas wooed me away. We met in Kansas, and three years later we ended up here, in REDNECK HEAVEN ;) .

We love it here, despite the two of us being city folk, and feel as though we've lived here always.  We're both retired now (me, a psychotherapist specializing in grief and trauma resolution counseling for adults, adults hurt as children, and children. Bear was an algebra teacher and musician/teacher trained at the Royal College of Music in London).



I  hope to post at least one photo a day and I do love to hear from you!


3 comments:

  1. Love the photos! am curious, what type of camera do you use? -- Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! So glad that you enjoyed the photos. There will be lots and lots more to come, so do come back. My camera is a simple phone camera : It is a Verizon Samsung "Reality" phone, and it was my husband's phone before I had mine.

      Delete
    2. Marie, just so you know, my blog has changed and so has my name! Hope you will follow me!
      Kat

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and for being interested enough to leave a comment. Comments are golden, and I will respond as soon as I find your comment! Please come back :)